In November 2015 the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research has announced the “Medical Informatics Funding Scheme”, to foster IT innovations for healthcare research and medical care. The goal is to take advantage of digitalization in medicine, to link data and generate medical knowledge, and to develop and apply innovative IT solutions for a better, data-based healthcare delivery system.
MIRACUM (Medical Informatics for Research and Care in University Medicine) is one of the seven consortia who are funded for the conceptual phase (August 1st 2016 – April 30th 2017).
MIRACUM brings together 16 institutions at 8 locations within 4 states of Germany, including university medical faculties, universities of applied sciences, university hospitals, hospitals from a private German hospital chain, and a non-academic research institution.
Those partners have agreed to share data, based on interoperable data integration centres, develop common and interoperable tools and services, realize the power of such data and tools in innovative IT solutions, which shall enhance patient-centered collaborative research as well as clinical care processes, and finally to strengthen biomedical informatics in research, teaching and continued education.
Prof. Prokosch is the MIRACUM Coordinator;
Prof. Acker (Gießen University) is the MIRACUM Deputy Coordinator
Term: 08/2016 – 04/2017
Sponsor: BMBF 01ZZ1606H
- Medical Faculty of the Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg
- University Hospital Erlangen
- Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum
- Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität Frankfurt
- University Hospital Frankfurt
- Medical Faculty of the University of Freiburg
- Medical Center – University of Freiburg
- Faculty of Medicine of the Justus-Liebig-University Gießen
- University Hospital Gießen and Marburg GmbH, Gießen
- Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Applied Sciences Gießen
- University Medical Center Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
- Medical Faculty Mannheim of the Ruprechts-Karls-University Heidelberg
- University Medical Center Mannheim
- University of Applied Sciences Mannheim, Institut for Medical Informatics
- Medical Faculty of the Philipps-University Marburg
- University Hospital Gießen-Marburg, Department Marburg